Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sarah Palin Open to Future Runs at Office

Former Republican Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin hinted in an interview Monday that she would be open for a run at higher office in 2012 if the correct opportunity presents itself. Even before the Republican loss in last week's election, there was talk of the 44 yr old Alaska governor running for president in 2012.

"Show me where the open door is. Even if it's cracked up a little bit, maybe I'll plow right on through that and maybe prematurely plow through it, but don't let me miss an open door," Sarah Palin said in an interview on Fox News' "On The Record" program. She did not specify which office she might be interested in seeking.

Sarah Palin, whose term as governor ends in two years, said she could not predict the future, but she did say how it would be "very exciting" to have an opportunity to serve in a greater capacity.

"If there is an open door in 2012 or later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plow through that door," Palin said.

As Republican John McCain's surprise pick in a hard fought campaign against Democrat Barack Obama, Palin attracted controversy but also a strong following in the Republican Party's conservative base.

myLot User Profile

No comments: